Sunday, August 18, 2013

You Can Be The Pitcher of Your Life - Just Pick Up The Ball

Pick Up The Ball
Pick Up The Ball

 

While walking today I found this softball.  It reminded me of being the pitcher of the softball team in 7th grade.

The pitcher.  The person who sits at the top of the mound.  Pitches the ball. Controls the play. Controls the game.

Here we are people in adulthood.  No longer children.  No longer playing softball.  Somehow life has become HARDBALL for the majority of the people in the world…the 99%.

We are all just trying to survive.  To keep healthy food on the table, get and keep a j-o-b, exercise daily, have and keep friends, take care of our families, spend time pursing our passions, keeping our home habitable, keeping our vehicles in good enough shape and with gas, having access to the internet, paying our bills…all of this stuff has somehow become HARDBALL…hard for everybody to keep it all together.

Everyday I read the results of the “Just Quit” Your Job Survey and it usually boils down to someone sick and tired or doing a job they hate, not having time to pursue their passions and absolutely and completely miserable and feeling that their lives are slipping away.  The thing that blows my mind is that this is happening all over the USA (36 states)  and all over the world (35 countries).  Below is an example that came in yesterday:

“My job is absolute  misery. I’m working in a field I don’t want to be in, with colleagues I don’t want to associate with & with a condescending, joke of a manager. I want the freedom to pursue my interests with a focus on landing my dream career. I want to work for it as much as I want it to work for me. – From someone living in the United Kingdom

These are not isolated instances.

I think people are just plain sick of being sick and tired.

The softball did it for me.  It gave me hope. It encouraged me.

I hope you too are encouraged to know that everything will be okay.

Reflect on your life and your accomplishments.  I’m sure there are many.

You can be the Pitcher of Your Life — Again —

Just Pick Up the Ball.