Friday, March 1, 2013

Just Quit Your Job Survey Results - February 2013

Thanks to those who have completed our newly created survey.  I have summarized the stats below. From your comments I know that many of you are really hurting at this time.  I understand how you feel.  I’ve been there and can assure that if you stay with this and be true to yourself you will make the right decision at the right time.

Please know that you are not alone and that you are not crazy.  

Be FEARLESS – Get past your fear and when you do you will understand that it’s only a feeling and none of those fears may actually be real.

You have to Let Go in Order to Let Come.

Summary of Results For February 2013

13 Respondents; More Females than Males; 50%  Earned <$50,000; 3 Countries, 9 States in the U.S.;  Various Reasons People Feel They Need To Quit; Preparations – Most have thought about how the decision will impact their family and children, only 30% are at the point where they have written their resignation letter; 70 % have saved enough money for six months (wonderful!); over 50% know what they “really” want to do.

Below are the Actual Survey Results:

Gender:

Quits Rate

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Income:

Income as of February 28, 2013

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comment: Although the income looks less in US dollars, the paycheck (my sole source of income) is good in Indian rupees.

Locations:

3 Countries – Asia (Singapore)/Canada/United States

Singapore

Canada

 

USA

 

 

 

 

 

Nine States in the U.S.A.:  

Ohio, Washington, New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, California, Iowa, New Jersey, Connecticut

 

Why Are You Thinking About Quitting Your Job Without Another One? Comments Below:

  • No respect at my job. Low pay. Lots of stress. My body is getting sick all the time. Not able to spend enough quality time with my family. Not happy at all. I despise waking up every day coming to the office.
  • I hate it. I feel like I’m wasting my life. There are so many things I want to do, but I don’t have the time or energy because of my job. What if I only live once?
  • stress and family
  • I’m bored. I’m stale. I’m repeating myself and not learning. I don’t share the values of the organization.
  • I want to be there for my kids
  • Because I hate my life.
  • I lose a lot of time on work and cannot pursue my interests which in turn cannot be created into a career that I want to create it into. So, it a vicious cycle of making ends meet so that we have some money to pursue what we really like, but lose time for pursuing the things we truly like. And we get back in the cycle of earning more money and trading time.

Are You Prepared to Quit?

Steps to Quit Your Job

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

General Comments:

  • This blog/site is so validating! Everyone says “wait, wait” but my heart and cortisol levels are telling me to get the hell out! Thank you, thank you.
  • Want to leave and I almost prepared, but the following leaves me confused:

–Got a good package that got my entire family out of poverty
–Sole breadwinner
–Have a work-from-home offer (in my hometown where jobs are close to none)

I have had no problem leaving jobs in the past (without another offer), but this offer is seemingly difficult. Never had a work-from-home (my hometown) offer. Have left jobs when I was in the city, so leaving was never an issue.

I do not want to leave my hometown as I have been struggling for over five years to come back…and have finally come back.

What to do?

 *************************************************

The Below Is A Quote From Warren Buffett

 “There comes a time when you ought to start doing what you want. Take a job that you love. You will jump out of bed in the morning. I think you are out of your mind if you keep taking jobs that you don’t like because you think it will look good on your resume. Isn’t that a little like saving up sex for your old age?”