Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Does It Make ANY Sense To Work At A Place That Is Destroying Your Soul? It's Time To Re-Think Work and Working.

Because my job is soul-destroying.

I can’t do what I want to do and those things that need doing.  There’s far too much work that cannot be fitted into the day.

I work with absolutely awful people, in an organisation whose values and attitudes I don’t share.

I can’t be creative in my teaching or in my day-to-day job. I feel constricted in every part of my action, always having to watch and having to account for my actions and decisions.

It’s like being in a police state, and having to abide by laws you know to be corrupt and self-serving. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!

~Worker Living in the NETHERLANDS

You are reading from the book “Just Quit” & Live

cinco de mayo

Some jobs can be even more than soul-crushing. They can be soul-destroying. 

We don’t have to stay in a place we know is corrupt and self-serving.

We can and we will fight for our very souls. Today is Cinco de Mayo; it’s a Spanish celebration. Fight your battle today and free yourself from your own “police state” of employment that is soul-destroying.