Sunday, April 24, 2011

When You Just Quit Living Will There Be A Soul's Graduation?

HOPI PRAYER of  The Soul’s Graduation

Hopi Prayer

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there,
I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight
On the ripened grain.
I am the gentle Autumn’s rain.
When you awaken in the morning hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there.
I did not die.
My Spirit is still alive…

This was on the back on the funeral program of a man who lived a well-lived life.  He made a difference in the lives of others.  He left love and wonderful memories over the course of his life.

Before we get to the end of our life we still have time to ask ourselves what is one thing that we need to Just Quit so we can live a well-lived life.  The more I think about his  life the more I know the one thing that he Just Quit doing was being selfish.  He gave of his time, his resources, his wisdom and his love.  He did it seemingly effortlessly but I know that it wasn’t because it’s not easy to care about other people.

His spirit is still alive in those who had the honor of knowing him – Mr. William Kennedy Lane, Jr.  –  what a privilege.

How can you live the type of life where people will drive miles, cry at your funeral and remember you fondly?

Will people be able to say that you lived a well-lived life?