Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Doubting Ourselves

 You are reading from the book  “Just Quit” & Live

Today’s Workplace Story/Situation:

I was absolutely miserable and I felt fake because I was managing people but I didn’t care or believe in the work I was doing. I have already quit. It’s been 2.5 months now and I’m beginning to feel very lost and anxious.    

~Worker in CANADA

Doubt

Today’s Meditation/Reflection:

There are phases that we will go through after we “Just Quit”.

It’s like any other lost that we suffer. When we leave a job and are accustomed to another job to go to; somewhere along the way we begin to wonder if we made the right decision.  Doubt starts to set-in.

We forget how painful it was on that job.  We remember, but we are not still in the situation so we don’t remember ALL of the details. We begin to doubt ourselves and our decision. It’s a natural reaction if things don’t work out as quickly as we planned.

Remember: “Just Quit” is not a rash decision. DO NOT “Just Quit” without going through the Steps.

~Ridea