Saturday, May 24, 2014

Knowing What We Know

You are reading from the book  “Just Quit” & Live

Q: Why do you want to quit your job EVEN if you don’t have another job lined-up?

I’m miserable and was thrown into a field without any warning, training or help.

I work for a company where all of the higher-ups lie and tell those “beneath” them that they don’t trust them. I’ve signed my name on countless papers and had to bite my tongue over and over again to protect the higher-up men from sexual harassment suits only to be demeaned and cursed at by them later.

I work for a company that could collapse at any minute. 

~Worker Living in NEW YORK

Honest

Today’s Meditation/Reflection:

Today, we might have to admit to the things that we know.

Things that we know we wouldn’t be proud of if we had to shout it out to the world. 

Things that we know that if they ended up in the local or national news we’d be embarrassed that we are involved.

Things that we know aren’t ethical or that hurt people, or societies of people.

We might have to admit that we know what’s happening and to our involvement.

Then… we get to be adults and DECIDE what we are going to do about what we know.