Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Having Little To Show

You are reading from the book  “Just Quit” & Live

Today’s Workplace Story/Situation:

I dread going into work every day. I am constantly stressed. I work full-time and have very little to show for it. It’s a dead end job, no chance for growth or advancement. I’m not appreciated by the bosses. I work too hard and I’m paid too little. I’m in tears almost every day at work. Overall, I’m unhappy. Over the last few months, I’ve found myself extremely unhappy, maybe even depressed. This job is the main source of this.

~Worker in Connecticut

little to show

Today’s Meditation/Reflection:

Many of us have been working full time for years.

Some of us have been miserable for a while.

Some of us don’t have much to show for our hard work and our brave front.

We have to ask ourselves if we continue on the road we are on, what will happen when we CAN’T work any longer?  What will we do then if we still “have little to show”?

If we are working hard, working full time, doing what we think we MUST and we have little to show now, what does the end look like for us?

We have to ask this while we still have time to make a transformational change.

We have to ask while we are still in good health and of working age.

What do you have to show RIGHT NOW from all of your hard work?

~Ridea