Wednesday, December 18, 2019

4-7-8 Breathing Technique For Stress

I have major depression. I can’t imagine going another day doing what I’m doing and where I’m doing it.

I’m burnt out and on the verge of a breakdown.

My career provides zero satisfaction and I’m not utilizing my talents and interests. I’m dead here.

~Worker Living in California

4-7-8

We are not dead.  We are alive. We only feel dead.

We only feel depleted and depressed, but we are alive.  Because we are alive that means we have more to do. We have a chance.

Today, get up.  Just get up and breathe in to the count of four, hold for seven, and breathe out to the count of eight. Close your eyes, focus on your heart area and rhythmically breathe.  You are alive.  You have a purpose. 

This suffering you are experiencing is helping you to move forward towards that purpose.