Tuesday, September 3, 2019

"Just Quit" is About A Journey and A Purpose...It's Not About A Job

After six years with my current employer I am starting to feel like I am going in circles.

I am not really in a good position to advance because I work remotely and yet I am one of the longest employed marketing professionals in my segment of the company.

I find I don’t have the patience for the interactions. They feel meaningless.

We are doing neat things as a company but I don’t feel like there is any celebration of what we do. Criticism is just heaped on top of criticism and there is always some opportunity that we missed that is reason for disappointment.

I don’t really believe anymore that the path that I am on is right for me. Maybe it was two, three, four years ago. But I am back in the same place that I have been several times and I am left wondering when will it be enough.

~Worker Living in MINNESOTA

heart

“Just Quit” is a journey.

A journey that should never end.

You should always be letting go to let come.  Your passions will change.  Your interests will change.  You will gain skills and perfect them over time. 

Things will get boring as you do them over and over again. That’s ok. 

You are just growing. You may have outgrown your job and feel like you are “going in circles”. 

It’s just time to go back to the Steps so you can move forward on your journey.

You are reading from the book “Just Quit” & Live