Friday, September 13, 2019

Another "Just Quit" Story...People Are Waking Up All Over The World...

The below survey entry came in yesterday, September 12, 2014. It is not in the book, but I wanted to honor this person’s request to tell their story to the world.  Here you go:

*I already quit my job, and just wanted to take the survey and tell someone else my story*

I was physically in pain everyday.

I worked for them for 2 years and suffered through back to back groin sprains, stiff fingers that couldn’t bend to touch my palms in the morning, swollen feet after work, bruising on my legs, scratches up and down my arms, exhaustion, and I experienced my first breakdown at work where I had to collapse into a crouching position.

I’ve applied for my jobs’ manager position (which I did qualify for) but they were telling me to work my way up (from the bottom) to get to the manager position. Meanwhile they continued to train an undergraduate student in the manager position I wanted and hired them directly INTO the manager position upon graduation!

My body was physically breaking down when I decided to quit.be true

My decision was solidified when my manager requested mandatory overtime (I had to use my vacation time to call out of work for that day – If not I probably would have dragged myself into work for a 2nd mental breakdown).

The next week I submitted my 2 week resignation letter. I could not save money.

I too feel like something good is going to turn up.

I quit 8/27/14 and I feel awesome, relieved, happy, free and my body feels better too.

There is still some nerve damage but it too will heal.

Quitting my job has been one of the best decisions I have made in my life.