Sunday, November 3, 2019

Yes, You CAN Find A Better Way To Live. Don't Believe The Big Lie That You Can't.

  1. I found out that management’s style was in conflict with my professional code of ethics;
  2. I’m undervalued, and when I talked to the VP, I was told that “You are blessed that I allow you to work in this company” and “You will never find anything better”;

  3. I’m underpaid for my position on average. Also my employer breached the contract by not implementing the benefit package after probation;
  4. There is tension between the office manager who attempts to control other department’s functions;
  5. Management gives much more preference to the ethnic group of their own. For example, like taking extra days of available vacation back to Sri Lanka are PAID, while they deduct days for another employee who got into a car accident.

I’m an accountant in a small company which means I’m HR and IT as well.

~Canada

better way

Don’t believe the lie when someone tells you…and someone will (your boss, your spouse, your parents)…that you won’t find anything better.

If YOU are miserable where you are now, then it’s not good for YOU.  It’s not right for you right now.

As long as you are moving towards your authentic self, passions and greatest skills, it’s better than staying stuck and unfulfilled….for what?…the money???…the benefits??? 

We can do better.  We will do better.