Sunday, November 10, 2019

Have Compassion. Be Kind. Help Someone Today.

I have been in this field of work for 20 years and with this company for only seven weeks and have not been trained. I have spoken to my immediate bosses who ignore my repeated requests for training. I have spoken to their boss and HR.  I have been ignored by everyone.

I am unhappy and things just keep getting worse. I try to go in with a better attitude every day and keep trying to just work harder.

People are unkind, unprofessional, and sometimes just plain rude to me. I don’t fit in and still unsure of what my role is. I feel so lost and I keep getting negative feedback from my peers and boss.

I went in on Friday morning and just told my boss I need some direction and training and she refused to help me. She said I think you are doing just fine then sent me an e-mail with a list of my current mistakes. By company guidelines I should have 6 weeks of training I had only 6 days.

I work in a high stress clinic and I am counted on to care for patients. I am so afraid I will make an awful mistake. I don’t know the equipment or protocols for this particular clinic. I told my boss that the patients and I both deserve better.

The staff around me complains that I am not helping them enough and that I don’t know their system. My boss still does not understand my concern. The patients are frustrated that I know what I need to do, but not how to do it when I am helping them. 

~Colorado

human kind

Do you remember how it feels to be new, in a new job, new department, new assignment, new responsibility, or learning a new computer system? Look around you.  There is someone struggling to learn that “something new”. Someone on the job is struggling and feels like they are in the dark. If you can help them and ease that learning curve burden, then help them.

Think cooperation and not competition.

We are all in this human experience together.

Help someone else today. Show compassion.