Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Answers You Get Depend On The Questions You Ask

I do not enjoy the culture or the work. 

I’ve become demotivated and bored.

~Worker Living in the UNITED KINGDOM

You are reading from the book “Just Quit” & Live

questions

Today, we need to dig a little deeper and get beyond just naming how we feel and what we don’t like about our jobs. 

We need to ask why and what. 

Once we have named it: my boss, the culture, the work, or boredom –  we have to ask ourselves: “Why don’t I like my boss?” “What don’t I like about the culture?” “What is it about the job itself that I don’t like?” “Why am I bored?”

No one is going to care as much as you are about your career, so start going deeper and ask Why and What questions, so that you will learn from this experience.