Thursday, October 24, 2019

Think You Made A Mistake Taking Your Job? Remedy It.

I’m miserable here.

I’m being pushed very hard to do things that I don’t think I really know how to do and that are increasingly outside of the kind of work that I want to do.

The workplace demands a deep, personal commitment to the job – they want this to be a like my life’s mission and not just a job. I understand and support the organizational mission. I think the goals are worthy. However, this will NEVER be more than a job to me.

My performance is starting to slide, and I just don’t know how much longer I can endure.

I moved 3k miles, leaving my family, friends and hometown behind to take this job. This was a huge mistake. It’s time for me to remedy this mistake.

~Worker Living in PENNSYLVANIA

mistakes

We all feel that we’ve made mistakes. We don’t have to beat ourselves up because of them.  We don’t have to stay; we can leave and know that we’ve learned a lesson. 

  • Maybe we jumped at the first job offer. 

  • Maybe we didn’t quite get all the facts before we decided to take the job.

  • Maybe we were desperate to leave another work situation. 

But…are there really any mistakes if we learned from these situations? 

Would you have had all of this experience that you have if you hadn’t made a boat-load of “mistakes”? 

Don’t see your current job as a mistake, see it as a lesson.