Saturday, January 11, 2020

YOLO - You Only Live Once & Then You DIE...In Memory of Connie

I hate it.

I feel like I’m wasting my life.

There are so many things I want to do, but I don’t have the time or energy because of my job.

What if I only live once?

~Worker Living in Ohio

 

This is a plaque I made to remind myself to live each day fully...it's a quote by Thich Nhat Hanh
This is a plaque I made to remind myself to live each day fully…it’s a quote by Thich Nhat Hanh

This is the only life that we are SURE that we will have.

We are living it right now…our lives…we need to PRETEND like we will only live once.

Now, what will you do today if this is it…all there is…this life…right now?

P.S.

I few years ago I texted my friend Connie to make sure she was okay.  She wasn’t. She was dying. I remember talking to her friends and family who were at her bedside and they told me that she wasn’t expected to make it through the weekend.  

Death is real.  It is coming for each of us. Each and every day that we wake up and “pretend” all of the crap in our lives is important.   It’s not.  We know it’s not, but we keep on pretending. 

As I reminisce about my long-time friend Connie and how much she taught me by how she lived her life FULLY…FULL OUT…nothing stopped her…nothing…nothing…nothing. Honestly I don’t even know if her dying from cancer really STOPPED her because of the impact she made on my life and many other lives.  

We have all had Connie’s in our lives…teachers, mentors, big brother, big sister, showing us the way, giving us advice, asking about our progress, cheering us on, showing us the possibilities, being our true friends in this life…you know the type of people who you know you were destined to meet along your journey…those are the Connie’s… 

…So…Connie is gone and one day so will I and so will you. That is real. As real as life will ever get. 

So Live Fully…FULL OUT

P.P.S.

As my reminder at 2:14 p.m. EST on January 11, 2015 I got the call from Connie’s husband that she had died that morning.