Saturday, June 21, 2014

KNOW You Are Smart; College Degree Or Not

You are reading from the book “Just Quit” & Live 

Q: Why do you want to quit your job EVEN if you don’t have another job lined-up?

I’m 23 and I feel as though I’m stuck in a dead-end job that has an amazing bonus structure but isn’t in any field that I’m remotely interested in.

I have to have this job in order to pay down my overdraft but I intensely dislike the people I work with.

I constantly feel patronized by my trainers and I feel that there should be more to my post-university life than this.

~Worker Living in the UNITED KINGDOM

Education

We were told that we needed a degree, maybe two or three.

We believed the system that told us that we needed a degree. So we got a degree or two or three.

We put letters behind our name and we felt proud and smart. 

We are smart: but we are in debt and we feel stuck in dead-end jobs.

We are smart: but we are in jobs that aren’t related to those degrees.

We are smart: but we work with people that we don’t like.

We are smart.

We are smart enough to figure this out.

We are and will figure this out…degree or not…we will figure this out and will find our way…

~Ridea Richardson