Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Microsoft Had a Huge Vision...Why Shouldn't You?

You are reading from the book “Just Quit” & Live 

Q: Why do you want to quit your job EVEN if you don’t have another job lined-up?

My job is absolute misery. I’m working in a field I don’t want to be in, with colleagues I don’t want to associate with and with a condescending joke of a manager.

I want the freedom to pursue my interests with a focus on landing my dream career.

I want to work for it as much as I want it to work for me.

~Worker Living in the UNITED KINGDOM

VIsion

What to Do Today:

Today, imagine being in your dream career, job, profession, or business endeavor.

Where are you?

What are you doing?

Who is around you?

You have to be able to see it before you can create it. 

Once you can see it you can create it.

P.S.

What does it mean to have a vision?  It needs to be VISUAL. For example: below is Microsoft’s early vision: In 1975, Gates and Allen form a partnership called Microsoft. Like most start-ups, Microsoft begins small, but has a huge vision—a computer on every desktop and in every home. During the next years, Microsoft begins to change the ways we work.

(Now think about it… Microsoft’s vision basically HAPPENED…we are now on to laptops, tablets and i-phones…but…before all of that there was Microsoft and desktop computers.)

You need a vision too…and it might as well be HUGH…why not?

GO BIG or GO HOME