Sunday, June 22, 2014

Can You Look In The Mirror, Be Proud of Yourself & Do Your Job?

You are reading from the book “Just Quit” & Live 

Q: Why do you want to quit your job EVEN if you don’t have another job lined-up?

I’m driving all over the state “trying” to see doctors whom I cannot see.

I’m tired of educational resources, that aren’t educational at all!

I’m bored.

We cannot call on hospitals, but that’s where we should be.

I keep getting told, “change is coming.”

I’m tired of having to deal with co-workers on the western side of the state who break compliance rules all the time and have asked me to do the same. Completely, undeniably, unethical!!

~Worker Living in IOWA

ethics

Some of us have been here; where doing our jobs are almost impossible.

What we are asked to do is just not working. Everybody knows it’s not working, but we keep right on “trying” to do it. 

We skirt around the edges of ethics just to get it done.

It gets old day-after-day and we want a change, but change doesn’t seem to be coming fast enough.

Today, we need to ask ourselves: “Can I look in the mirror and be proud of myself AND do this job?”

~ Ridea Richardson