Saturday, March 14, 2015

If You Don't Do YOUR Life's Work, Then Who Will Do It???

I’m thinking about quitting my job without having another one lined up because I want to live in my passion full time.

I want to have more time to focus on my consulting business. I want to devote more time to learning my field, really honing my evaluation skills.  I want to become an expert in the field of program evaluation for organizations and community groups that have programs and services targeting women and girls of color.

I want to be location independent and have the freedom to choose which projects I take on and which clients I work with.

I want to do work that matters and makes me feel that I’m really making a difference.

~Worker Living in NEW YORK

You are reading from the book “Just Quit” & Live

living lifes work

Once you have a very clear idea of exactly what you want to do after you “Just Quit” then this should give you the courage to keep moving forward. You already know what you want to let go of…your current job…you made that decision in Step 1.

If you have done the hard work of figuring out your passion (Step 4), first congratulations and second allow this to propel you to the future that is waiting for you.

It’s time to work the rest of the Steps, and be able to set your date of departure so you can set sail to your next destination.