Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Look At The Hand You've Been Dealt. Now Be Creative And Play It Well.

I am bored at my job and I’m not learning anything that pertains to my degree that I am pursuing.

Since I am about to graduate I want to spend my time working on my portfolio and learning things that pertain to my career and find a new job.

~Worker Living in VIRGINIA

You are reading from the book “Just Quit” & Live

Play Your Hand

Sometimes we can find ourselves in the situation where we are pursuing a degree for a particular profession, but we are currently working in a different profession.

It can be frustrating because we don’t feel like we can apply what we are learning in the classroom to the real world.

So, we have to think creatively because we might not be able to change jobs right away.  We might have to volunteer somewhere, or interview people in the profession we want to work in, or start freelancing in the new profession. We just need to move toward what we want to do…take some real action towards the goal.