Monday, August 5, 2019

Only We Know When Enough is Enough...Is It Enough Yet?

I can’t take it anymore!

I’ve been working in the advertising field for nine years, and I have been working in my current agency for almost seven years. The idea of quitting has been haunting me for the past three years, but I always tried to oppress it by trying to highlight the positive side of my job which is mainly the working environment and how lucky I am to have a sweetheart boss, and how I am being appreciated at this job regardless of the stress, late nights, my boss’s swinging mood, crappy clients…and lately the feeling that I don’t fit anymore with the crowd in the agency.

I hate Sunday nights. I drag myself out of bed every day to go to work.  I get stomach cramps when I get a phone call from my boss on my mobile. I don’t feel motivated anymore!

When a new client calls in, I wish and pray that they don’t proceed with us because  I don’t want any more extra work!

Nothing excites me anymore in this job.

Last but not least, I don’t see myself in this career in the future. However, I feel so lost. I want to quit but I don’t know what I will do next. I don’t want to stay home doing nothing. I know I can go crazy! As well as everybody thinks I am crazy to take this step!

~Worker Living in EGYPT

Only we know when Enough is Enough…is it enough yet?

Sailing on the Nile

You are reading from the book “Just Quit” & Live

Today’s Workplace Entry is from Egypt:

  • Official Language: Arabic
  • Currency: Egyptian pounds
  • Cleopatra was the last pharaoh of ancient Egypt. She was only 18 years old when she started to rule. (Wow!)
  • The Nile river is the world’s longest river running.  It is 4,132 miles
  • Egyptians still use old wooden sailing boats called feluccas to sail the Nile.

P.S. Is it time for you to set sail in your career to the next port?